SkillsUSA Texas embraces the technical and skilled crafts of our students over time, and offers a true celebration of CTE within its Job Exhibit contests. Here you will find long term projects that students have crafted from conception to real world fabrication. From decorated cakes, to precision machined parts, to BBQ pits, to 3D animations, to cabinets, pool tables, blue prints, movie productions, custom computers, advertising designs, photography, innovative hair styles, nail art, rebuilt engines and custom painted auto parts… the SkillsUSA Job Exhibit projects brings to life the essence of Career and Technical Education.
The ofﬁcial regulations for Job Exhibits contests can be found within the Texas Regulations. Here you will find Job Exhibit descriptions, as well as detailed scoring rubrics.
Each joined student in approved chapter, taking a class that qualifies under the technical standard may enter (up to 10 things for one registration fee):
- One skilled & technical individual competition AND one team skilled & technical competition AND
- One individual leadership competition AND one team leadership competition AND
- One individual demonstration competition AND one team demonstration competition
- One individual occupational related competition AND one team occupational related competition AND
- One individual job exhibit AND one job exhibit multiple or chapter
Job Exhibits are judged at the District and State level competitions, but a Best of Show will only be awarded at the State level contests. Students may enter Job Exhibits individually or by multiple groups or by chapter. All Job Exhibits must be accompanied by a Notebook, which is designed to allow students to document the real-world knowledge, procedures, and job skills used in their programs to create their project. Detailed information and scoring rubrics for all Job Exhibits can be found within the Texas Regulations.
Overall Best of Show Awards
One “Overall Best of Show” will be chosen from each of the CTE Career Clusters eligible to participate in SkillsUSA Texas. The winner will be announced at the closing awards ceremony. All Best of Show and Overall Best of Show Committee decisions are final. There will be no appeal or grievance allowed. The following are the “Overall Best of Show” Career Clusters:
- Architecture & Construction
- Arts, A/V Technology and Communications
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Human Services
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety Corrections & Security
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Transportation Distribution & Logistics
Job Exhibit List
For the list of current Job Exhibits offered in SkillsUSA Texas, please refer to the Texas Regulations