SkillsUSA Texas wants to ensure that your payments and invoicing are always clear and to let you know that we are here to answer any questions that you may have. We want to make every effort to assure you that we are here to support your chapters and that the financial aspects of paying for SkillsUSA membership and events should be seamless. That being said, there is also a lot to understand about payments to SkillsUSA Texas. You can always contact Amy Baxmann, email@example.com, with any billing or invoicing questions.
The first step is to make sure your School’s business office has the most current address and phone information for your School invoices. Next, there is a difference between National invoices and State invoices. Please refer to the details below:
Invoices that start with “M” are for annual membership dues and are payable to the National Office. The remittance address should be:
Attn: Membership Dept.
14001 SkillsUSA Way
Leesburg, VA 20176-5494
When you are logged into the membership page you will be able to pay your invoice online with a credit card.
Invoices that start with “S” are for registration fees for events from the State Office. The remittance address should be:
P. O. Box 173847
Arlington, TX 76003
Payments for M and S invoices cannot be combined. The National Office cannot accept payments for Texas State invoices, and the Texas State Office cannot accept payments for national invoices. If either office receives a check they cannot apply we will send the check back to the payee and the invoices will remain with a balance due.
State Invoice Credit Card Payment Option
Effective Feb 1, 2020, SkillsUSA Texas will accept credit cards as a form of payment on any invoice that includes an invoice number that starts with an “S”.
- The first step is to complete a CC Auth Form Each transaction can include anywhere from 1 up to 6 invoices at a time. The completed form must be emailed to Amy@skillsusatx.org PRIOR to calling to complete the transaction.
- Once the authorization form has been received in the office, we will verify the invoices and amounts then reply back to the email with directions for calling the office (903-887-4013 x 5) to complete the charge.
- After we process your credit card and acquire a confirmation number, a paid invoice and credit card receipt will be emailed to the address listed on the credit card authorization form.
- There is no online payment option. You must email a completed form and then call into the office to make a credit card payment.
- If you have a question about what kind of card you can use please call to verify. We are currently accepting MasterCard, Visa and American Express. We cannot accept International cards or Gift Cards (reloadable Visa, MC or Amex).
- Any refunds must be requested within 3 days of submitting an authorization form to make a credit card payment. Please email Amy@skillsusatx.org to start a refund request.
- There is a processing fee of 3% for expediting payment added to your invoice. If there are any issues in processing your payment you will be responsible for any additional charges we incur. If you dispute a verified and requested charge, any fees we incur will be added to your past-due invoice.
- Your payment will appear from SkillsUSATX on your statement.
- When you submit a registration for an event you will not be able to alter the registration or the invoice. If you need to make changes/revisions or are having issues with your registration please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you submit your membership you will not be able to make any changes. Please carefully enter the information for the advisor and students. The membership files are what auto-fill into your state event registrations. Advisors make sure your students are tagged with your chapter. The address for your students should be their home address not the school. The emails you list for your students must be verified as deliverable or you will receive an error message. If you need assistance with your membership please contact: email@example.com
Please make sure your chapter information is accurate on the registration page. If you have submitted the paperwork and need assistance with a chapter number please contact: Amy@skillsusatx.org.
In the registration system, there is a tab for “edit billing address”. At the start of every year please verify that the name, email and address listed for billing is the correct contact in the accounting department for your program/school. When you join membership or submit an event registration a copy of the invoice generated will automatically be sent via email to the person creating the invoice and the person listed for billing.
If your school requires a PO number for payment to appear on the invoice please be sure you have input that number before you submit or join. There is a prompt to input that information on both of those sites.
Unpaid balances can create a block on your account and you may be unable to register until past due amounts are cleared. For instance, if you registered for district and state contest, the payment for your district invoice must be paid before you will be allowed to compete at state. If you are blocked from joining as a member that means that there is a past due invoice from your school. Any chapter that has an outstanding invoice with the national office will create a block for any chapter at that school to join until the account is current.
As previously noted if you have an issue with state finances you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org and if you have an issue with national finances you will need to contact email@example.com