Your Journey to
“SkillsUSA is America’s proud champion of the skilled trades.
Our mission is to empower students to become skilled professionals, career-ready leaders, and responsible community members.”
SkillsUSA Texas is a partnership of students, teachers, and industry working together to ensure America has a skilled workforce. SkillsUSA helps each student excel in leadership skills, technical and engineering skills, STEM, and occupationally related skills in 12 of the cluster areas. All students in Career and Technical Education programs are eligible for membership.
The Student Research Foundation shows the majority of surveyed SkillsUSA members feel they are engaged in relevant career and technical education (CTE) coursework that prepares them for the future. Read the full SkillsUSA Advantage Report here.
SkillsUSA, Champions at Work
SkillsUSA has approximately 18,000 school chapters in 53 state and territorial associations and serves more than 400,000 members annually. More than 18,000 instructors and administrators are professional members of SkillsUSA. Our members are known in their schools and communities as leaders and skilled professionals in training. In Texas, we have a membership of over 22,000 students and 1,500 advisors and administrators.
We Are Here
To Help You
Your SkillsUSA Texas State Office is here for you, whether you have questions about membership, chapter management, district information, invoicing, billing, registration or contests, we are here to support your chapters. Call the State Office toll free: 800-444-2297
Need Help with Your Chapter or Registering Members? Call the SkillsUSA Membership Hotline Toll Free: 844-875-4557. Hotline operators are ready to answer your questions on how to start a new chapter, engage chapter members and strengthen an existing chapter.
SkillsUSA is leading the way in America's Skilled Workforce.
SkillsUSA serves students enrolled in career and technical education training programs in our nation’s public high schools and colleges. SkillsUSA complements technical skill training with instruction that is co-curricular and integral to CTE programs making a well- rounded worker and citizen. Founded in 1965, the organization has served more than 12.2million workers through active partnerships between employers and educators. SkillsUSA is endorsed by the U.S. Department of Education and state departments of education and is cited in federal legislation as an integral part of the career and technical curriculum.
- Teaching teamwork and leadership
- Reinforcing employability skills
- Offering a state and national contest program
- Providing ways to serve the local community
- Offering $1 million in scholarships annually
- Helping students meet potential employers
- Enhancing curriculum
- Real-world engagement
- Technical performance gauge
- Providing avenues for local industry support
- Showcase training programs
- Gaining greater administrator support
- Providing opportunities to network
- Showcasing the school to the community
- Helping instructors meet educational standards
- Improving the quality of training programs
- Providing opportunities for recognition
- Helping to produce more qualiﬁed graduates
- Assisting with recruitment and enrollments
- Ensuring that programs meet industry needs
- Providing opportunities for employment
- Helping to promote speciﬁc industries
- Participating in advisory boards
- Shrinking the Skills Gap
The SkillsUSA Championships brings together industry and labor representatives, educators, and the public to watch students compete in leadership and hands-on skill events for a full day. The SkillsUSA Championships begin at the local level with contests in classrooms nationwide.