You’ve made the decision to become a SkillsUSA advisor. You are starting on a journey that is bound to offer many rewards for you and your students. There are a few basic steps to follow when starting a new chapter.
Checklist for New Chapters – here are the basic steps to follow to start a new chapter:
- Connect with our Customer Care Team so that they can assist in getting your new chapter started. Reach out toll free at 844-875-4557 or email@example.com. Team members will be able to send you a New Chapter Kit and ensure that all of your questions are answered.
- Meet with your school administrator to request permission to start a new program and to gain support for the SkillsUSA chapter
- Contact your SkillsUSA Texas Membership Specialist at 800-444-2297 ext 2, to find out about any upcoming activities or deadlines. If you are starting a new chapter, complete an application for charter.
- Identify one or more possible SkillsUSA leaders (technical instructors, a career counselor or another interested person within the school) to help with the new chapter.
- Gain support from other faculty members if you plan to involve students from other training programs.
Forming a New Chapter
New Chapter Resources
Use the links below to find recourse to help you get started:
- Parent Information
- Build a Successful Chapter
- Chapter Excellence Program
- Sample SkillsUSA Calendar
- National New Chapter Resources
- SkillsUSA Educational Resources Store
**Reminder: You must have a minimum of 10 registered and paid student members for each Chapter Charter application. Many schools accomplish this by combining program areas into one Texas chapter. If your school is not able to fulfill this obligation, we will look at your situation and consider making adjustments. SkillsUSA Texas works to offer quality competitions for all students. To accomplish this we have guidelines that may be found in the Texas Regulations.